Home-Start Warrington as an organisation is reliant on donations and fundraising to help us operate and support families. Our funds come from a mixture of grants, statutory funding, donations and fundraising. Fundraising is a major contribution to our running costs and we are always looking for individuals to help us.
Whether you are an individual looking to help raise funds or a business looking to help disadvantaged children in the local community, we would love to talk to you – call Lucy on 01925 652320. If you are a business and would like considering becoming a Corporate Sponsor please click here.
Here are a few fundraising ideas from some of our other fund raisers and corporate sponsors that might also work for you;
- Have a dress down day once a month in return for a charity donation
- Sign up for a sponsored physical challenge that will build team spirit
- Run a sponsored cake sale or curry night for those budding Mary Berry’s or Masterchef enthusiasts
- Give each department a chance to run a fundraising evening and give a prize for the most successful event
- Ebay disused office furniture or clothes and donate the profits
- Make a monthly direct debit or a one-off yearly donation to support and sponsor a volunteer (any donation could qualify for corporation tax relief)
- Register with easyfundraising.org.uk and then shop online from 2,500 retailers (e.g. Amazon, John Lewis, eBay, Tesco, Argos, Next etc.) and they will donate a percentage of the amount you’ve spent, to Home-Start Warrington. Click here for more information.
Alternatively please let us know if you’d like to help out at any of our organised fundraising events. A bucket collection at the Warrington Wolves Stadium for example can be a meaningful way to pass a few hours!